Parent Connect Queensland Queensland are facilitators of MyTime in Currajong, Townsville.
MyTime groups provide support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone caring for a child with a disability or chronic medical condition. MyTime provides a place to socialise, to discuss, to get information, and to support and be supported by other carers.
- Aims to create a time for parents and carers to build supportive relationships with each other and the community
- Is for parents, grandparents and cares of children with developmental delay, a disability or a chronic medical condition
- Provides information and support to parents
- Helps parents support each other during stressful times
- Provides information on child developmental needs
- Provides the opportunity for parents to celebrate milestones and day to day achievements
- Helps parents learn more about services and programs in their local area
- Helps families link to their community through groups and information friendships
- Helps families link to services and programs locally
- Raises awareness of the unique benefits of peer support
- Reduces the level of isolation
- Is flexible and responsive to the needs of families