We are never alone. There are many families and individuals out there going through something. Connecting with your community and creating a support network of like-minded individuals, families and groups is beneficial in so many ways.
Parent Connect Queensland is a community network, providing individual and group support in a variety of ways. We talk with you about how we and our community can best help you and your family and assist you in connecting with the right people.
Below are just some of our support networks we assist you in connecting with. To find out more, get in touch through the enquiry form below.
The links listed are mainly Autism Groups, some are all 'Special Needs' - support groups, resources, Ipad and Technology groups are universal.
- MyTime – Currajong – MyTime Currajong is run by Parent Connect. We meet fortnightly during the School Term. MyTime groups are a supportive space for parents to feel understood and share ideas about managing a range of situations. A MyTime group is more than a playgroup, it’s a place where parents can meet others in similar situations. My Time members also have access to information and resources through the group facilitator.
- North Queensland Autism Support group We work in the community to provide support to people and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder. We also loan library resources to our members.
- Mackay Autism Support Group- (Closed Group) This group is a support group of parents of children/adults diagnosed or in the process of diagnosis with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The group is also open to those diagnosed with ASD or Aspergers. For those on the spectrum, we also have our Aspie Connect Mackay page, that you may wish to join.
administrators before posting information about their services on our FB page.
- Resources for Special Needs - Australia(Closed Group)
To all Therapists, Teachers, Parents and Carers working with Children with Special Needs.
- Cairns Autism Queensland, Support and Resources(Closed Group)
A safe, private and friendly place to connect with other Autism Families in Far North Qld, ask questions, get support, share information and resources.
- ASD Matters(Closed Group)
A group for families to socially network, that is full of information, lovely helpful and supportive members, its a place to share experiences, ask questions, to just connect with other people in similar circumstances. Everyone enjoys this group the way it is friendly, helpful easy going and supportive.
- Moreton Bay Region ASD Support Group(Autism Spectrum Disorders - Closed Group)
For Caboolture, Redcliffe and Pine Rivers Carers living in the Moreton Bay Region. The group consists of parents who are following treatment paths that includes traditional therapies such as: occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychology/psychiatric help, medication, those who are following diet management plans, embracing holistic therapies as well as combining all of the above. If you are parenting your special child, you are welcome here.
- Friends Care Online(Closed Group) Friends Care Online was established by Carers Queensland to offer carers a way to selectively share information quickly, easily and confidentially with others who understand. This group is all about communication, its safe, private space for you to talk about your caring role with people in similar situations. Like anywhere you go, there are a few rules that have to be followed. They are really just common sense and abiding by them will make the group more enjoyable for everyone.
- NDIS Grassroots Discussion(Closed Group)
A group for people with disabilities, family members and supporters to discuss the upcoming National Disability Insurance Scheme (DisabilityCare) and what we need from it to live full lives.
- Aussie Mums Raising ASD/Autism Children(Closed Group)
A chat group to share advice and information with other mums who raise children with ASD/Autism. We are a group for people living in Australia.
Disability Support And Awareness
Autism Awareness' goal is simple: to improve the lives of all Australians on the autism spectrum and the families who love them.
Web: Autism Awareness
Increasing awareness of epilepsy in the community and supporting people with epilepsy are the key goals for Epilepsy Queensland. We strive to provide support, counselling, information, education, training and advocacy services to people with epilepsy and their families, schools, health professional as and disability services.
Deaf Services Queensland
Deaf Services Queensland have been providing information, referral, advocacy, aged care, independent living skills support, community education and employment support to the Deaf community in Queensland.
Programs And Services
Parenting Research Centre
Australia's only independent non-profit research and development organisation with an exclusive focus on parenting, the Parent Research Centre are dedicated to gathering scientific knowledge of effective parenting and developing practical programs to help parents raise healthy children.
The Parenting Research Centre is dedicated to supporting parents. They believe that the most effective way to support parents is through developing resources, programs and policies based on scientific evidence.
Positive Partnerships supports school aged students on the autism spectrum. They develop up-to-date evidence based materials and practical resources published online and delivered nationally through high quality training for teachers and other school staff, and workshops for parents and carers.
The Smith Family
The Smith Family is an independent children's charity helping disadvantaged Australian children to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Carer Gateway is an Australian Government service that helps carers. If you care for a family member or friend, then Carer Gateway could help you.