How To Support Culturally Curious Children
Supporting your child when they are beginning to become culturally curious is important. But how can we provide the correct information that will give our children an understanding of the wide world around them?
We have found a list of books that would be nice to explore with the little ones in your life. The books cover a range of topics such as moving to another country or exploring people’s differences. Books like these can help you explore how people are different and how they are the same, fostering acceptance and understanding. Some books to help with this are:
- 'I’m Australian Too' by Mem Fox
- 'Sorry, Sorry' by Anne Ker
- 'Its’s A Small World Hello, World!' by Disney
- 'How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World' by Marjorie Priceman
- 'My Granny Went to Market' by Stella Blackstone and Christopher Corr
- 'People' by Peter Spier
- 'Same, Same but Different' by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- 'Ten Tiny Babies'
- 'We’re Different, We’re the Same' by Karen Katz
- 'Just the way we are' by Claire Robertson and Jessica Shirvington
For more information on theses books and others, visit the below websites.